Gaming has become a popular sport in society. Mainstream media and popular culture have contributed to the promotion of activities in the gaming industry. With the advancements in technology, gaming has become a worldwide phenomenon.
People have been interested in joining tournaments and casinos as players to earn money.
The gaming industry in Tanzania has a set of regulations and rules. It can be troublesome to proceed in the industry without the proper knowledge and information about the laws. The Shikana Group is equipped with the right details to help you out. With an expert legal team, they can guide you to the best decisions involving your gaming lifestyle.
The Gaming Act refers to the regulation of gaming activities in Tanzania. It provides for the Gaming Board of Tanzania the control and licensing authority. Gaming in Tanzania is regulated by a set of rules, policies, and standards. It includes various regulations and laws. Some include:
- Financing Act (Amendment of the Gaming Act)
- The Gaming Act Cap 41 and regulations.
The Gaming Act allows organizations like the Gaming Board of Tanzania (GBT) to operate. All gaming activities and tournaments must be held under the Act. Hence, the GBT becomes the group that oversees, manages, and controls the gaming activities in the industry. Any games played to gain money, credit, checks, properties, or credit cards are involved under the Act. Some of the games include:
- Dice games
- Card games
- Mechanical games or those activities that include mechanical equipment to be used
Gaming in Tanzania can only be done when people have the license to proceed with the game. Without an authorized pass, games that involve the betting of money or personal property are illegal. The activities in the country are issued when they possess a license.
Some of the licenses that the Gaming Board of Tanzania offers are:
- Casino licenses for conducting table and slot games
- Internet casino devices for conducting games that require internet connections
- Support licenses for anyone who is employed or associated with operating the game
- Sport betting licenses
- General rights to hold sports bettings with slot machines
- Manufacturer’s license to create or manufacture the games listed under the Act
There are special conditions and tests to see if you are capable enough to hold a gaming license in Tanzania. These certificates and authorizations can only be issued if you:
- Have not been denied a license by the Gaming Board of Tanzania
- Have never had a license suspended, revoked, or terminated in Tanzania
- Have not been involved in any criminal activity or have a history of being untrustworthy (dishonesty, cheating, etc.)
- Have not withdrawn or abrogated a license application for any reason
Shikana provides tax and regulatory services to clients on the appropriate ownership structure for the business they want to set up. Including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and joint ventures, we analyze the benefits, costs, and risks associated with the choice of a particular business entity based on our extensive experience assisting foreign investors coming into the African marketplace.
We also provide a full range of services related to immigration and labor law, including liaising with relevant Government authorities for work permits, investor permits, and related matters. We use our unmatched experience to deliver efficient and transparent legal and investment advisory support for our clients.
Our firm offers services in the following domains:
- International trade and taxation
- Commercial and business law
- Venture Capital and Private Equity advisory services
Contact us for legal advice you can believe in.